Do you want to know how to keep your pop-up camper canvas clean? Do you want to know when you need a recanvasing? Do you want to know how much does it cost to replace canvas on a pop-up camper? Read on the post till the very end.
It is nice to have a pop-up camper. They are luxury, compact, and can be stored comfortably in a limited space when not in use.
If you have a pop-up camper, chances are you might be well aware of their conveniences and inconveniences that they provide. A pop-up camper can only tow a limited weight, and you can pull it with your small SUVs with ease.
If you have a pop-up camper, you might be wondering how much does it costs to replace the entire canvas of a pop-up camper or how much you have to invest in replacing the pop-up canvas walls?
There are various companies that offer canvas prices in bulk. Or, you can pay a visit to a professional recanvasing specialist as they already have a canvas where you will get the cost that will include canvas materials, installation, and other costs.
In this post, I will discuss everything that you need to know about a pop-up camper canvas replacement cost. So, let’s get started!
How Much to Replace Canvas on Pop-Up Camper?
If you want to replace the canvas on an old pop up camper then it would cost around $900 to $1000 for the whole recanvasing and if you have a new model of a pop-up camper then it will cost around $1,300 to $1,500.
Well, there are various factors that you have to consider first, and that will determine the canvas replacement cost of a pop-up camper.
The first aspect that you have to decide is whether you want to replace your pop-up camper’s entire canvas or just need wall recanvasing. The second and probably the most critical aspect is to decide whether you want to do it by yourself or should you have to hire a professional recanvasing specialist to do that for you.
However, if you have decided to replace the entire pop-up camper canvas, some other aspects require your intention to determine the recanvasing cost of your pop-up camper.
In fact, most of the campers are similar, but every manufacturer has a different design and size for each canopy and wing. So, it is evident that the canvas amount that is required to recanvas a pop-up camper will be different from one to another. Moreover, besides the manufacturer and model, the year of manufacturing might also impact the design.
When You Need to Recanvas your Pop-Up Camper?
Before deciding to replace the canvas on your pop-up camper, you should know a few things that why and when do you need to replace the canvas. If you have just bought a brand new pop-up camper for yourself, it will take some time before you think about replacing its canvas.
However, if you just have bought a second-owner camper or an old one, you may need to replace that pop-up camper’s canvas. Below, I have bucketed some of the points that if found, you should consider replacing the canvas on a pop-up camper,
- If you have a pop-up camper and its canvas has been used more frequently, it will become weak and might tear.
- If your pop-up camper’s canvas zippers or seals are breaking or separating.
- If your pop-up camper has met an accident and damaged its canvas.
- If your pop-up camper canvas has mold buildup that doesn’t go away even after you clean it.
- Closing the camper before it dries completely.
This list isn’t complete, and there can be various other reasons, but I have included almost all the standard reasons in it that will force you to replace the canvas of your pop-up camper. You can stretch your pop-up camper canvas’s life by taking the necessary steps, but the older it gets, the more it needs a new life.
If you are not ready to spend a considerable amount of dollars on recanvasing your camper, you have the option to only replace its sections, which is a cost-efficient way.
Professional Canvas Replacement vs DIY
DIY Pop Up Camper Canvas Replacement can cost $150 – $300 depending on the type and the quality of materials used.
The majority of pop-up camper or travel trailer owners prefer DIY canvas replacement. If you are new to pop-up campers or have never done that before, you might need two or three days to complete the recanvasing project.
However, if you are an expert DIYer, you can complete the recanvasing project in between 5 to 7 hours. If you are replacing a canvas on a pop-up camper for the first time and confident that you can do that correctly by yourself, it would be great as you will save yourself a considerable amount of your hard-earned dollars.
Note: If you have decided to hire a recanvasing specialist, they will get the job done in a couple of hours for $400 to $500.
Another advantage of hiring a professional recanvasing specialist is they have guarantees, which gives you an opportunity to ask them to replace the canvas for free if they don’t fix it properly. Hiring a canvas specialist will save you time and energy but cost you a bit of extra money.
How Can You Keep Your Pop-Up Canvas Clean?
As you already know, the cost to replace the canvas on a pop-up camper is painful for most of us. So, it would be best to know how to increase the life of a pop-up camper canvas. The very simple and best way to make it happen is to keep it clean.
Here are some tips that will help you protect and stretch your pop-up camper’s canvas’s life.
- The most critical aspect to keep your pop-up camper canvas’s longevity is to make sure not to close it when it is damp or wet. This is the most common reason for replacing the canvas. If you are camping in rainy weather, your camper’s crannies and nooks will be wet and damp.
- When you get home, you should reopen your pop-up camper to give it some time until it completely dries out. This also helps you thoroughly clean your camper and close the areas you forgot while coming back from a trip.
- If your region has humid weather, your camper needs more time to dry up the canvas. You can use a fan or a dehumidifier to help it dry out quickly and correctly.
- If you have a kitchen inside your camper and you often use it for cooking, the canvas will become dirtier. So, it is not enough to clean the camper canvas from outside; but you should also deep clean the canvas from the inside as well.
- While cleaning the canvas, make sure to not use anything harsh as harsh chemicals can cause damage to the canvas of your pop-up camper. You can use mild soap and water or vinyl finish to clean the canvas.
- To protect the canvas of your pop-up camper, use the spray, which will protect it from sun exposure and other elements.
- Before applying the vinyl coat protectant, make sure that you have deep cleaned the entire canvas. You can do this process once a year before storing your camper.
Best Pop Up Camper Canvas Replacement Specialists
Here is a list of the best canvas specialists that you can hire for recanvasing your pop-up camper.
1. Canvas Replacements
Canvas Replacements is a trusted company that you can hire to replace the canvas of your camper is Canvas Replacements. The best thing about Canvas Replacements is you can tour them virtually as they display their operations through video.
You can get all the details quickly about the company online from its official website. Some significant pros of the company include,
- They have great ethical standards.
- They are highly skilled and treat their customers exactly the way they want to be treated.
- They offer a guarantee, and if you find that they haven’t properly fixed the canvas of your camper, you can ask them to do it again for free to make it right.
- They offer plenty of canvas colors, which means you can get the one that you want.
This is Canvas Replacement’s Quote for these pop-up campers. Contact them for a detailed quotation.
|Palomino||1998 and Newer||N/A||$1,270|
|Rockwood||2005 and Newer||Three Slideouts||$1,475|
|Viking||1997 and Prior||N/A||$1,025|
However, their official website doesn’t give you a clear price quote compared to Bear Creek Canvas.
Although I haven’t tested the services offered by Fabricover, I have gathered some information while doing my research on the company. You can easily know how much to replace the canvas on a pop-up camper online by navigating through their website.
Here are some of their pros that make them one of the best options to replace your pop-up camper’s canvas.
- On their website, you will see a list of campers along with their prices. You can input the manufacturing year of your camper, model, etc. to get the cost before placing an order.
- They offer mildew resistant and water-resistant canvases in three different colors, such as Grey, Taupe, or Pearl Grey.
- You will also be able to easily get the Jayco pop-up camper canvas prices since they have all vinyl, two-tone marine material for all Jayco 1993 and latest models.
The thing that I have discovered about Fabricover is when placing an order to replace canvas on a pop-up camper, you will see a tagline stating “Manufactured by Canvas Replacements.” It means you aren’t actually ordering Fabricover to replace the canvas on a pop-up camper but Canvas Replacements.
This is Fabricover’s Quote for these pop-up campers. Contact them for a detailed quotation.
|Coachmen||1998 and Newer||Two Slideouts||$1,349|
|Coleman||1998 and Newer||Two Slideouts||$1,699|
|Dutchman||1998 and Newer||Two Slideouts||$1,439|
|Palomino||All Years||Three Slideouts||$1,439|
|Rockwood||1998 and Newer||Three Slideouts||$1,549|
|Skamper||All Years||14′ Tandem Axle||$1,399|
|Viking||1997 and Prior||Two Slideouts||$1,349|
3. Bear Creek Canvas
If you are querying a reliable and extremely professional canvas specialist, here is Bear Creek Canvas. They are highly skilled and offer the best recanvasing at an affordable cost. Their cost to replace canvas on a pop-up camper runs between $1,000 to $1,100. This is the total cost that includes labor services and other additional costs as well.
Some of the major reason why I recommend Bear Creek Canvas include;
- You can access all the information about the company online from their website.
- You can also know how much to replace canvas on a pop-up camper by selecting the manufacturer, year, and whether you want to change the entire canvas or partial.
- The company is running by some high-skilled professionals, and they know exactly what they are doing.
One aspect where Bear Creek Canvas fells short are, they offer you a limited selection of colors (Grey, Green, and Tan).
This is Bear Creek’s Quote for these pop-up campers. Contact them for a detailed quotation.
That is all about how much to replace canvas on a pop-up camper. I have discussed almost everything about it as well as how to increase the life of your pop-up camper canvas and what are the best companies to get canvas replacement services. If you have an old camper or you have just bought a used camper with seals and zips are breaking and separating, you should replace its canvas. You will see an entirely different and new-looking camper that you will love.
What is the average life span of a canvas on a pop-up camper?
Pop-up campers have an average life of up to 15 years, which is not so bad. If you take care of your camper and keep it well-maintained, you can stretch the lifespan of your camper’s canvas even further.
Can I replace canvas on a pop-up camper partially?
Yes, if you are not ready to spend a considerable amount of money on replacing the entire canvas on a pop-up camper, you can do it partially. It is also a cost-efficient way that you can use to replace the canvas on a pop-up camper in parts.
Can I repair my pop-up camper canvas?
Yes, it is possible to repair a canvas on a pop-up camper with minor issues. You can repair just those parts before replacing the entire canvas. You can DIY issues like broken zippers, seams falling apart, etc.