Last Updated on January 1, 2022 by Ted Mosby
The process of Resetting a Norcold RV fridge is simple if you know what you have to do. There is a simple process that can make things work. In case it doesn’t work in a simple way, we have also shared a manual procedure for resetting the entire circuit board for the fridge so that the Norcold RV refrigerator can reset back to its initial state.
Here is a complete reset guide on how to reset the Norcold RV refrigerator.
How to Reset Norcold RV Refrigerator?
Most of the manufacturers for RV refrigerators have placed a reset button on the fridge through which the users can directly reset the fridge. Using a power button like that allows the fridge to shut everything and restart to remove any errors or problems. It should stay off for about 10 to 15 minutes at least in order to make the reset process work.
Another option is resetting the board for the fridge; that will be a bit tricky, but it will definitely do the work for you. So both of the methods are explained in detail below.
Norcold RV Refrigerator Reset Button
In most cases of the Norcold RV fridge, there is no reset button given by the manufacturer. The power button is everything that can do the work. To reset a fridge, a user can leave it to the off state using the power button for about 5 minutes. This will allow the fridge to reset itself and then startup back with a new start.
Resetting The Norcold RV Refrigerator With Magnet
There is a procedure that can easily allow a user to reset the fridge with the use of a magnet. In this case, a person has to be cautious and keep the fridge On. He doesn’t have to keep the fridge off and let it work. Then you can look around the fridge and look for a recall box that has a red blinking light on it. After that, you need to follow the procedure like this.
- Magnets are useless if the lights are off or flickering. When you find the box, find the clip and carefully remove it.
- Lift the lid and find the reed switch on the control panel just above the LED light. Press and hold the magnet on the reed switch until you hear a click.
- After a click, check-in the fridge to see if it works again.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes before returning the box to its original position.
- Open the refrigerator door. Check the control panel. It depends on the RV model of the fridge.
- The control panel for the fridge is located between the fresh food compartment and the freezer. You will see an “on/off” switch on the control panel.
- Press and hold for about 3 seconds. This stops the refrigerator. Wait a few minutes. 3-5 minutes is enough.
- Then click the “On/Off” switch again to power cycle the refrigerator.
Resetting the Circuit Board On A Norcold Refrigerator
Here is an easy process about how you can reset the circuit board of a Norcold refrigerator in an RV.
- Turn off the refrigerator and unplug it.
- Carefully pull out the refrigerator to allow ample access to the back.
- There is a cable connected to the power board. Remove them in the order of 12VDC positive and negative leads, AC cable, gas valve solenoid cable, Spark / Sense electrode mounting leads.
- Be careful when disconnecting these cables. Do not pull the wire. Rather, pull on the cable of the plug. All cables are marked, so it’s safe to distinguish them.
- Use a screwdriver to get the screws out from the corners of the plate.
- Reconnect all disconnected cables to the power board in standby order that is 12VDC negative and positive leads, AC cable, Spark / Sense electrode mounting leads.
- Reconnect the refrigerator to power and then power cycle.
- Check pin 15 on the back of the plate. This is an empty plug to the right of the white or possibly purple wire.
- Next, get the jumper wire. This is a wire with an exposed 1/8 inch core.
- Connect the end of the jump wire to PIN15.
- Touch the other end of the spring wire with the bolt on the feed plate. Press and hold for about 10 to 15 seconds until you hear a click.
- Remove the jump wire.
- Disconnect the cord on the back of the power board.
- Reconnect the cables to the power board in reverse order.
- Reconnect the refrigerator to the electrical socket and turn it on.
If you still get the error code in the fridge, repeat the steps. Do this until the error code disappears.
If you own a Dometic Refrigerator then check this guide on How to Reset Dometic RV Refrigerator?
Are you tired of Googling and researching information regarding RVs?
Then Grab this easy-to-read illustrated eBook. This eBook will cut out
all the confusion and give you straightforward information so that you
can make an informed decision and you can save $$$$ and time with the
information mentioned in this eBook.
Also, this eBook will help you understand RV Life and help you with the journey all the way.
This was a discussion on how to reset the Norcold RV refrigerator. We talked about some ways through which a user can reset the fridge. There is no reset button on the Norcold refrigerator, which is why it’s important to use the power button instead. The steps have been shared, and the manual way of resetting the board has also been explained in the article above.
Why is my Norcold refrigerator not working?
You need to analyze and check the polarity of the fuse and DC power supply corresponding to the DC terminal. If the fridge still doesn’t work, there may be another problem with the converter. Ask an authorized Norcold service center to inspect your refrigerator.
How can I recover Norcold 1200?
- Open the refrigerator door and place the control panel between the freezer and the fresh food in the refrigerator.
- Press and release the “On / Off” button for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and then press the “On / Off” button to restore power.
How do you light a Norcold RV refrigerator?
Starting the Norcold RV refrigerator is easy. There is an on/off button between the freezer on the control panel and the perishables compartment. The refrigerator turns on at the push of a button.